Selecting a quality mattress isn’t only a matter of choosing a piece of furniture. Enjoying a good night’s sleep can affect your health in multiple ways. It can help improve memory, reduce inflammation, increase creativity, sharpen one’s attention, help maintain a healthy weight and increase both athletic and academic performance.
As you look for a new mattress, you’re likely bombarded with ads showing new mattresses for sale, or TV or radio ads touting excellent mattress deals. You probably wonder- “Who can deliver a mattress and how much will it cost?” You also browse the internet to research mattresses, and you come across an interesting concept: getting a mattress delivered to your home in a box.
The mattress in a box phenomenon has gained tremendous popularity in a short period. Many benefits come with ordering a bed in a box, so it’s easy to see why it’s quickly becoming a favored option. Let’s take a closer look at the popularity of purchasing a mattress online and having it shipped it in a box, the background of the industry, and your best choice for purchasing a mattress in a box.
A Mattress in a Box - A New & Popular Choice
Lately, consumers have shied away from the experience of buying a mattress in a retail setting. There are too many choices, and shoppers are constantly bombarded with options. Buying a mattress at a conventional furniture store is a confusing process. There are many different brands and types of mattresses, all of which are presented in an environment that is specifically designed to confuse customers.
At mattress showrooms, shoppers often get to the point where they feel they need to spend a high-dollar amount or risk suffering through another sleepless night. They may spend between $3,000 and $5,000 when a mattress with superior quality would cost less than $1,000 online.
All of this confusion can cause customers to feel like they’re shopping for a car, rather than for a mattress. Part of the confusion is due to the varying prices of in-store mattresses. When you buy from a company online, the prices are usually fixed, so you don’t have to search constantly for the better deal for the same product.
Confusion leads to profits, according to a former salesperson at a brick-and-mortar store. The same products may have more than one name, so consumers have a difficult time shopping by comparison. Arbitrary pricing leaves the consumer questioning the exact product differences, as well as the advantages of each and what makes one product superior to another.
The complexity of purchasing a mattress at a retail store seems unnecessary. No one needs a salesperson pushing the mattress they make the highest commission on.
Consumers want comfort, quality, and convenience.
They want simplicity.
Increasingly, consumers — especially younger generations whose careers and busy lives allow them less time for shopping — have opted to purchase online instead. Shopping online allows them to avoid the time spent driving to the store, figuring out what mattress best suits their needs, trying to determine the truth of the salesperson’s statements, and then worrying about how they will get it home and to their bedroom. Many retail stores tack on a minimum of $50 extra for delivery.
Within the last several years, companies started making mattresses that can be shipped directly to your home in a box — and the concept has gained a great deal of popularity. By removing the hassle of purchasing a mattress at the showroom, you can enjoy simple, stress-free buying and experience great savings. The online retailer doesn’t need to pay the showroom overhead — thus reducing the cost to the consumer. And shoppers can browse online at their own convenience, without having to be at home when the delivery van shows up.
The design simplicity of the mattresses has also reduced the complexity of the buying process. There aren’t as many options, but consumers enjoy a quality product at a fraction of the retail cost. Shipping is easy and worry-free, and many companies offer free shipping options along with a money-back guarantee if the customer isn’t completely satisfied within a certain number of days.
Ask anyone who’s had difficulty getting a mattress up narrow stairs or into a small apartment, and they’ll likely assert that one of the benefits of shipping a mattress directly to your door is not dealing with the possibility that it won’t fit into tight spaces on the way to its final destination.
It’s easy to see why people are opting to purchase their mattresses online and have them shipped to their homes in a box: the process is easy from the moment you place your order on the phone or over the internet to the moment it’s delivered to your door.
Let’s take a closer look at the background of this industry that continues to grow in popularity.
The Background of Shipping a Bed in a Box
E-commerce has influenced almost everything we buy, and mattresses are no different. As recently as two years ago, startup companies started investing in the idea that many consumers would consider purchasing their mattress online. Millennials, in particular, showed great interest in this option, as they’re accustomed to making online purchases, and they tend to lead busy lifestyles that don’t allow a lot of time for shopping in stores.
Mattresses are traditionally purchased in stores, but more and more consumers started realizing that this isn’t their only option. Many people started turning to online mattress stores for the following reasons:
- Price: When you purchase a mattress online, you can get the same quality of mattress at a greatly reduced price because you’re taking out the middleman: the mattress showroom. Consumers are more conscious than ever when it comes to spending their hard-earned money. Price is certainly a primary consideration when shopping for any item — especially a durable item such as a mattress that’s made to last for many years. If consumers can enjoy the high quality mattress but at a reduced price, they will surely take advantage.
- Customization and selection: The best online mattress stores provide customers with choices to allow them to select a mattress that will suit their needs, but they do so without overwhelming them. When shoppers are bombarded with too many choices, the selection process becomes overwhelming and confusing. Online mattress retailers that deliver mattresses in a box to your door remove the confusion from the purchasing process. You will enjoy a few top-quality choices, but you won’t be overwhelmed. The best online mattress retailers understand that consumers are usually only concerned with comfort, quality, and cost.
- Convenience: Mattresses are shipped directly to your door, and they are handled with the same care they would receive had they been purchased from the showroom. You enjoy greater convenience. You don’t have to worry about getting the mattress home and up the stairs — it’s delivered to your door in an easy-to-handle package. You don’t need to alter your schedule or set aside time to wait at home for a delivery truck. You can simply take the box into your bedroom and open it. You’re also able to conveniently try the mattress in your home, as opposed to only trying it at the store. Most companies offer an in-home trial period.
- No sales pressure: Buying an innerspring mattress online eliminates the hassle of purchasing a mattress at the store. You won’t have to deal with pushy salespeople at a showroom. You can enjoy the perfect mattress with only minimal effort involved — a few keystrokes on the computer and the mattress will arrive at your door.
Now that we’ve discussed the benefits of the industry — as well as its background, let’s take a look at your best option for buying a mattress online and having it delivered to your door.
CRāVE Is Different From Other Bed-in-a-Box Companies
Some bed-in-a-box companies started as a result of the online mattress sales craze, but CRāVE cautions against purchasing from cheap mattress stores online — such stores evolved only in response to the current trend.
CRāVE prides itself on being a mattress company — not a sales company like many of its competitors. It’s one of the most experienced companies that manufacture a bed-in-a-box, with 23 years of mattress-manufacturing experience and 90 years of overall experience with mattresses.
Ordering from CRāVE is incredibly simple. After you buy your mattress online, it will be shipped within 3-4 days, and you enjoy free delivery via FedEx after you place the order. CRāVE also wants you to have ample time to decide if the mattress is right for you. Instead of spending 10 minutes lying on it in a store, CRāVE gives you 100 nights to decide. CRāVE offers a money back guarantee, so if you aren’t enjoying your best sleep within 100 days, they’ll pick up the mattress at no cost to you and offer you a full refund.
Many products sold in America are manufactured overseas, but CRāVE appreciates the value of making its products in America, keeping jobs here in the States. How is this a benefit to you? When products or materials are made overseas, their quality is questionable. You will sleep on your mattress every night, so safety and quality are prime concerns. Although the low price of purchasing a mattress that is manufactured overseas can be inviting, the lifespan and safety of the materials cannot be guaranteed. When you are sleeping in a bed every night, that is big risk to take.
When you choose CRāVE, you can be confident knowing you’re sleeping on a well-made, safe mattress. CRāVE continues to demonstrate that its customers are its prime concern, respecting the need for decent-paying jobs for Americans. The company is dedicated to keeping its manufacturing on US soil, whereas many other companies manufacture their mattresses and parts outside of the US.
CRāVE is not required to certify its memory foam under CertiPur-US, but it has chosen to do so to ensure its customers receive a mattress made with the highest attention to safety.
To be certified CertiPUR-US, foams used in the mattresses must have:
- No Lead, mercury, and other heavy metals
- No Ozone-depleting chemicals
- No TCEP, PBDEs or TDCPP flame retardants
- No Formaldehyde free
- No Phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
In addition, low volatile organic compound emissions for indoor air quality must be less than 0.5 parts per million.
CRāVE is dedicated to creating mattresses with superior quality that can be delivered to your door in a box.
About CRāVE: A Mattress Company With a Passion
CRāVE is an American mattress store, from manufacturing through delivery. CRāVE founder Amanda Grigg was determined to keep CRāVE manufacturing stateside, and her company is based in the world’s furniture capital: High Point, North Carolina.
The furniture industry has roots in High Point from as early as the seventeenth century, where early English settlers produced functional furniture on a small scale. The economic landscape shifted during the Reconstruction Era, and North Carolina gained further momentum in the furniture industry. Developers were attracted to High Point — it offered cheap labor, a prime location and excellent transportation options.
Between 1890 and 1900, 38 new furniture stores open in North Carolina, 13 of which were located in High Point. It was known as the leading furniture center of the south by the turn of the century.
Marketing in the 20th century gave rise to a new furniture landscape. Catalogs became popular methods and manufacturers recognized the need to display their furniture for sale to dealers and the public. In 1905, the first furniture exposition was held in High Point in 1905, and in 1921, a Southern Furniture Exposition Building opened — 10 stories, 249,000 feet, and $2 million.
High Point continued to grow over the years, becoming an international trade fair for furniture. Today, it remains a central hub for quality furniture at a discounted price.
CRāVE remains true to High Point’s roots, and it was founded on the passion to create mattresses for a good night’s sleep. Amanda’s work for her family’s mattress company for fifteen years, along with her knowledge of e-commerce and the internet, led her to create a mattress she could offer her customers at a lower price than the traditional mattress stores.
Traditional mattress stores pass on their increased costs to the consumer, and Amanda was on a mission to change the mattress-buying landscape. She embarked on a quest with her family and other professionals to engage in research and development to create a foam mattress at a reasonable price, as well as a compressed mattress.
Amanda understood the benefits that only an innerspring mattress offers, and she wanted to combine those benefits with the convenience of a bed-in-a-box. She also realized that retailers’ price markups were a result of overhead and advertising. CRāVE purchases materials directly from suppliers to keep costs low and have a direct relationship with the people who spin the yarn, pour the foam and coil the springs.
CRāVE currently offers two types of mattresses, where other companies only offer one:
The 12” Luxury Plush Innerspring Mattress
This hybrid mattress, which means it provides both innerspring and memory foam support. A plush mattress option, it differs from the foam mattress, as the innerspring offers pressure-point support. The pressure-point support is attainable because the support from the coils will relieve some of the pressure of your joint pain. No matter which way you move in the bed, you won’t disturb your partner sleeping beside you. There’s no transfer of motion, which means a longer and less interrupted sleep.
The plush innerspring mattress gives you the soft plush top with the comfortable surface, along with the expertly made pocketed coils, so it feels as though you’re sleeping on a cloud while your joints receive the perfect amount of support. CRāVE chose the pocketed coil spring instead of the open coil, offset coil or continuous coil because they believe the pocketed coil offers the most comfort at the best value.
The innerspring mattress is sensitive to temperature and features an “open cell” structure, meaning the mattress foam features tiny pockets of air that may be punctured. Individual cells have small openings in their cell walls, so air pressure can spread to other cells when the foam is compressed. An open cell structure promotes airflow throughout the mattress.
CRāVE’s foam mattresses are firmer, while the innerspring mattresses are plusher. Though CRāVE sells both, innerspring mattresses account for 99% of its sales. Both mattresses boast durability — they have a ten-year lifespan, and they are certified at the highest levels of CertiPUR-US. Unlike many of the competitors, CRāVE’s mattresses are environmentally friendly. The bio-based foams are partially made from soybeans.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary, so CRāVE has designed mattresses to reflect your need for a peaceful night’s rest in your haven. Both mattresses offer supreme comfort and style to make your bedroom the place you can sleep and dream without interruption. CRāVE has carefully crafted and researched every aspect of the mattress — even the fabric was designed to be soft, durable and beautiful.
CRāVE knows the mattress industry and can offer you the best product at the most reasonable price. No matter what size you choose — from twin to king — CRāVE can ship your new mattress to your door at no cost to you, and you’ll be able to carry it into your home with no hassle.
CRāVE’s staff has almost a century of combined experience working in the mattress industry, and the company has spent years perfecting its products. If you want to work with mattress professionals who offer simplicity, honesty, and amazing products, explore the CRāVE difference.
The 10” Luxury Firm Foam Mattress
This firm memory foam mattress is latex and foam mattress with back support. A firm mattress option, the memory foam construction breathes well and offers unsurpassed comfort for a mattress in this class. Though made with the same foam core as the innerspring mattress, the memory foam mattress has very dense foam as part of its core.
CRāVE uses a memory foam with a quick response. The greater the response in memory foam, the more comfortable your night will be. You won’t feel like you’re climbing out of a hole in your mattress, where it’s been depressed by your body.
Some companies offer memory foam mattresses with minimal airflow, but CRāVE’s memory foam mattresses use latex and memory foam, thereby increasing the airflow so you can sleep better while remaining cooler. CRāVE is one of the few companies to use both memory foam and latex. CRāVE’s egg-crate technology not only increases the airflow — it also keeps the temperature cooler and limits moisture.
The antibacterial properties of the latex used in CRāVE mattresses resist dust mites, as well as the growth of mildew and fungus. The durability of latex means that the mattresses manufactured by CRāVE can last up to ten years. The latex is of natural origin, and no cases of allergic reactions have been reported. During the manufacturing process, the latex is washed at high temperatures, which means the proteins that could cause allergic reactions are denatured. Additionally, the mattress cover protects the skin from coming into contact with the latex.
Memory foam mattresses also offer the ultimate experience in comfort. They conform to the shape of your body, offering additional support and providing relief, especially if you suffer from back pain. CRāVE spent years studying other companies to see what hasn’t worked with their memory foam products, and it has created a product that’s superior in both design and comfort
Why Choose CRāVE for Your Innerspring Mattress?
The 12-inch luxury plush innerspring mattress is handcrafted, and the latex design is hypoallergenic, which means it resists dust mites, mold, and mildew. It provides a two-to-three second recovery support without sinking in. CRāVE’s mattresses are without the disadvantages of other mattresses, whose slow recovery movements have the potential to restrict your movements.
CRāVE’s hybrid innerspring mattress offers the perfect plush feel that only a coiled innerspring can give, along with the comforts found in memory foam, to give you a resilient plush mattress. Sometimes memory foam alone isn’t enough support for someone who sleeps hot or has hip pain. The pressure-point support of the CRāVE hybrid innerspring mattress will help relieve some of the pressure that can contribute to joint pain.
The experts at CRāVE spent over three years designing the perfect innerspring hybrid mattress with the ultimate goal of exceeding customer expectations. CRāVE’s innerspring mattress is luxurious, and it combines memory foam with innerspring coils. Not everyone wants the firmer sleep offered by the foam core, and CRāVE is the only company to give you the plush feel of the innerspring mattress delivered right to your door.
One of the few criticisms of the foam mattresses offered by bed-in-a-box companies is that it’s firm. In fact, it’s actually considered too firm for some people. By offering the innerspring mattress, CRāVE appeals to an entire group of consumers who may not otherwise consider purchasing their mattresses online.
Simply put, CRāVE’s innerspring mattress is superior to other similar mattresses on the market. It combines unique craftsmanship with the ability to ship the mattress to you in a box — you simply can’t enjoy the same benefits when you look elsewhere. CRāVE ships innerspring mattresses in a box, without causing damaging or sacrificing quality.
CRāVE is the only mattress company that will ship an innerspring mattress in a box, directly to your front door.
Why Choose CRāVE When There Are So Many Options Available?
When you’re in the market for a high quality mattress at an affordable price, you’re faced with many decisions. Buying a mattress online is a great option, as long as you order it from a company you trust.
There are many reasons why consumers across the country turn to CRāVE:
- CRāVE offers a one-of-a-kind design. CRāVE’s 12” Luxury Plush Innerspring Mattress is as unique as it is well crafted. You simply can’t receive the same level of quality at a similar price point. Enjoy receiving your high-quality mattress, delivered to you in a box.
- CRāVE uses superior materials. The company is committed to using foam that’s partially made from soy and making a product that doesn’t use the potentially harmful chemicals found in other mattresses. Latex, memory foam, and pocketed coils are superior materials used in the mattress industry.
- CRāVE uses small boxes to ship its products. This smart packaging effort serves to reduce its carbon footprint and is, therefore, better for the environment. Unlike other bed-in-a-box companies, CRāVE offers free shipping on everything.
- CRāVE offers choices. None of the other companies give you the option of choosing between an innerspring mattress or a foam mattress. Whether you prefer a firm mattress or a more plush option, CRāVE delivers. Unlike many of the other bed-in-a-box manufacturers, CRāVE offers bed frames and foundations to complete your mattress. Bed frames are superior to the traditional box spring, and will complete the purchase of your mattress.
- CRāVE is an established company. When you buy mattresses online from a retailer that’s not well established, you’re taking your chances with a product that may be sub-par. This isn’t the case with CRāVE, which has an established reputation as a mattresses retailer. CRāVE has been creating mattresses for over 25 years, using only the best, highest-quality products. CRāVE’s deep understanding of mattress manufacturing translates to a company you can trust.
- CRāVE offers a reasonable price point. Other mattress companies attempt to capture consumers using gimmicky and expensive showrooms. The cost of maintaining the showrooms, between the rent and salaries for their employees, may add to the price of the mattresses. CRāVE values its customers, and the company believes that proving this begins with offering a reasonable price point for high-quality mattresses. The prices of CRāVE mattresses are similar to those of its competitors, but a CRāVE mattress is a better value because it’s a high-quality mattress, designed with world-class expertise.
- CRāVE understands the importance of sleep. CRāVE knows that buying a mattress isn’t like buying any other piece of furniture. How well you sleep has a significant impact on many aspects of your life, including your performance at work or school and your general health and well-being. CRāVE was founded on the belief that your bed is your sanctuary.
- CRāVE is an innovative company. CRāVE considers consumers’ needs and creates products to meet those needs. The company has also designed a mattress foundation that can be used in place of a box spring. It’s made from wood and is hollow inside. Box springs can be extremely bulky to move and impossible to ship conveniently to a home. The CRāVE foundation is designed to be shipped in a box, and it can be assembled without the use of tools. The foundation is not only simple and convenient, but it’s also aesthetically pleasing. The design also allows for better air circulation, making it superior to a box spring. New products coming soon include a pocketed coil mattress with a luxury firm feel and an all foam mattress at a lower price point.
- CRāVE supports female business owners. CRāVE was founded by a woman, and it’s largely a female-owned company.
- CRāVE is not a retail store staffed with pushy salespeople. CRāVE’s customer service representatives are available to answer your questions, but they know you appreciate the independence of shopping alone online. The CRāVE website is designed to answer any question you may have, and you’re welcome to contact the company by phone as well.
CRāVE’s goal is to support you in getting a better night’s sleep and help you enjoy your mattress-buying process. The experts at CRāVE work hard to ensure each customer who purchases a mattress will enjoy a hassle-free shopping experience and receive a superior product.
CRāVE is committed to its mission of making sure you enjoy the best night’s sleep, and its superior products make it the top choice when you’re thinking about purchasing a new mattress and having it delivered to your home in an easy-to-handle box. Whether you want the firmer memory foam mattress or the plusher innerspring coil mattress, CRāVE is the choice for you.
Are you ready for the best night's sleep of your life?
Get your CRāVE mattress today!