- How often should mattresses be replaced? How long do they last?
- Mattresses wear out on different timetables. This is due to numerous factors such as how the mattress was used (guest room, master bedroom, doubled as a trampoline for the kids), whether it was cared for properly and/or the quality of the mattress itself. Other important considerations are how personal comfort levels or a person's lifestyle and body may have changed over the years. We encourage you to think about these things and ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you sleeping better or worse than you did a year ago?
- Are you waking up feeling stiff and sore?
- Does your mattress have visible signs of wear and tear?
- Would a new mattress improve your sleep?
If the answer is "yes" to any of these questions, then it's time to consider purchasing a new mattress. And because people tend to overlook their mattresses and don't think about them, we recommend that you "check" your mattress using these four questions on a regular basis – at least twice a year – to make sure mattress wear and tear isn't sneaking up on you and disrupting your sleep.
- See more at: http://bettersleep.org/mattress-education/replacing-a-mattress/. How often should mattresses be replaced? How long do they last?